In the image (a tissue section through an adult sciatic nerve), Po (green staining) can be seen in the myelin and Schwann cell processes surrounding the nodes of Ranvier. In this photomicrograph, rabbit antibodies against LAMP (lysozome-associated membrane glycoprotein) (red staining) serves as the counterstain, and DAPI (blue staining) allows visualization of nuclei.
Chickens were immunized with two synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugates. These synthetic peptides corresponded to different regions of the Po gene product, but are shared between the human (NP_000521, NCBI) and mouse (NP_032649, NCBI) sequences. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. These IgY fractions were then affinity-purified using a peptide column, and the concentrations of the eluates adjusted to 200 µg/mL. Finally, equal volumes of both of these affinitypurified anti-peptide antibodies were mixed, and the preparation was filter-sterilized.
Volume: 1000 µL
Concentration: 200 µg/mL
Host Species: Chicken
Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat
Applications: ICC, IHC, WB
Protein Name / Synonyms: Myelin protein P0 (Myelin peripheral protein) (MPP) (Myelin protein zero)
Gene ID: MPZ
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2313561
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Expected Banding Pattern: 27 kDa
Western Blot Dilution Range: 1:10000-1:20000
IHC Dilution Range: 1:2000-1:5000
Both of these anti-peptide antibodies were analyzed by immunohisto-chemistry (at a dilution of 1:2000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Store at 4°C in the dark. Under these conditions, the antibodies should have a shelf life of at least 12 months (provided they remain sterile). Do not freeze these antibodies unless you want to store them for longer periods of time. Note, however, that each time an antibody preparation is frozen, about half of its binding activity is lost.
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Stratton JA, Shah PT, Kumar R, Stykel MG, Shapira Y, Grochmal J, Guo GF, Biernaskie J, Midha R (2015), 'The immunomodulatory properties of adult skin-derived precursor Schwann cells: implications for peripheral nerve injury therapy.' European Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1111/ejn.13006.
- Sapio MR, Goswami SC, Gross JR, Mannes AJ, Iadarola MJ (2016), 'Transcriptomic analyses of genes and tissues in inherited sensory neuropathies.' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2016.06.023.
- Wegener A, Küspert M, Sock E, Philipsen S, Suske G, Wegner M (2016), 'Sp2 is the only glutamine-rich Specificity protein with minor impact on development and differentiation in myelinating glia.' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/jnc.13908.
- Sundem L, Chris Tseng KC, Li H, Ketz J, Noble M, Elfar J (2016), 'Erythropoietin Enhanced Recovery After Traumatic Nerve Injury: Myelination and Localized Effects.' The Journal of Hand Surgery. 10.1016/j.jhsa.2016.08.002.
- Brügger V, Duman M, Bochud M, Münger E, Heller M, Ruff S, Jacob C (2016), 'Delaying histone deacetylase response to injury accelerates conversion into repair Schwann cells and nerve regeneration.' Nature Communications. 10.1038/ncomms14272.
- Geary MB, Li H, Zingman A, Ketz J, Zuscik M, De Mesy Bentley KL, Noble M, Elfar JC (2016), 'Erythropoietin accelerates functional recovery after moderate sciatic nerve crush injury.' Muscle & Nerve. 10.1002/mus.25459.
- Beirowski B, Wong KM, Babetto E, Milbrandt J (2017), 'mTORC1 promotes proliferation of immature Schwann cells and myelin growth of differentiated Schwann cells.' PNAS. 10.1073/pnas.1620761114.
- Stratton JA, Kumar R, Sinha S, Shah P, Stykel M, Shapira Y, Midha R, Biernaskie J (2017), 'Purification and Characterization of Schwann Cells from Adult Human Skin and Nerve.' eNeuro. 10.1523/ENEURO.0307-16.2017.
- Fazal SV, Gomez-Sanchez JA, Wagstaff LJ, Musner N, Otto G, Janz M, Mirsky R, Jessen KR (2017), 'Graded Elevation of c-Jun in Schwann Cells In Vivo: Gene Dosage Determines Effects on Development, Remyelination, Tumorigenesis, and Hypomyelination.' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0986-17.2017.
- Assinck P, Duncan GJ, Plemel JR, Lee MJ, Stratton JA, Manesh SB, Liu J, Ramer LM, Kang SH, Bergles DE, Biernaskie J, Tetzlaff W (2017), 'Myelinogenic Plasticity of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells following Spinal Cord Contusion Injury.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2409-16.2017.
- Park J, Decker JT, Margul DJ, Smith DR, Cummings BJ, Anderson AJ, Shea LD (2018), 'Local Immunomodulation with Anti-inflammatory Cytokine-Encoding Lentivirus Enhances Functional Recovery after Spinal Cord.' Molecular Therapy (Cell Press). 10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.04.022.
- Truch K, Arter J, Turnescu T, Weider M, Hartwig AC, Tamm ER, Sock E, Wegner M (2018), 'Analysis of the human SOX10 mutation Q377X in mice and its implications for genotype-phenotype correlation in SOX10-related human disease..' Human Molecular Genetics. 10.1093/hmg/ddy029.
- Volpi VG, Pagani I, Ghezzi S, Iannacone M, D'Antonio M, Vicenzi E (2018), 'Zika Virus Replication in Dorsal Root Ganglia Explants from Interferon Receptor1 Knockout Mice Causes Myelin Degeneration.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-018-28257-5.
- VerPlank JJS, Lokireddy S, Feltri ML, Goldberg AL, Wrabetz L (2018), 'Impairment of protein degradation and proteasome function in hereditary neuropathies.' Glia. 10.1002/glia.23251.
- Smith DR, Margul DJ, Dumont CM, Carlson MA, Munsell MK, Johnson M, Cummings BJ, Anderson AJ, Shea LD (2018), 'Combinatorial lentiviral gene delivery of pro-oligodendrogenic factors to improve myelination of regenerating axons after spinal cord injury.' Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 10.1002/bit.26838.
- Stratton JA, Holmes A, Rosin NL, Sinha S, Vohra M, Burma NE, Trang T, Midha R, Biernaskie J (2018), 'Macrophages Regulate Schwann Cell Maturation after Nerve Injury.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.08.004.
- Estrada V, Krebbers J, Voss C, Brazda N, Blazyca H, Illgen J, Seide K, Jürgens C, Müller J, Martini R, Trieu HK, Müller HW (2018), 'Low-pressure micro-mechanical re-adaptation device sustainably and effectively improves locomotor recovery from complete spinal cord injury.' Nature Communications Biology. 10.1038/s42003-018-0210-8.
- Enric Domenech-Estevez, Hasna Baloui, XCendrine Repond, Katia Rosafio, Jean-Jacques Medard,