Immunoblot against crude membrane fractions from whole mouse (MBM) or rat (RBM) brain and from human cerebellum [HBM(Cb)], cerebral cortex [HBM(Cx)] or hippocampus [HBM(H)] and probed with N308/48 (left) or N52A/42 (right) TC supe.
Volume: Purified: 100 µL; Purified Trial: 20 µL; TC Supernatant: 5 mL
Concentration: Purified: 1 mg/mL; TC Supernatant: Lot Specific
Form: Purified and TC Supernatant Available (select your preferred form, size and quantity before clicking "Add to Cart")
Host Species: Mouse
Immunogen: Fusion protein amino acids 42-361 (extracellular N-terminus) of rat NR1(also known as N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor subunit NR1, NMDAR1, NMD-R1, GRIN1, Glutamate receptor subunit zeta-1 and Glurz1, accession number P35439)
Mouse: 99% identity (319/320 amino acids identical)
Human: 99% identity (317/320 amino acids identical)
<50% identity with other Glutamate receptors
Target Description: Glutamate receptor 1, NMDA 1, or GluN1/NR1 also known as subunit 1 of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor. It is a member of the glutamate receptor channel superfamily and is a heteromeric glutamate-gated calcium ion channel. GluN1 is essential for synaptic function in the brain. GluN1 is expressed throughout the brain in cerebellum, thalamus, olfactory bulb and cortex in the membrane at postsynaptic density. GluN1 plays a key role in synaptogenesis, synaptic plasticity, memory acquisition and learning. Mutations in the GluN1 gene are associated with intellectual disability and cortical visual impairment and movement disorders.
Gene ID: Grin1 Nmdar1
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_11000180
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: 105 kDa
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Vingtdeux V, Chang EH, Frattini SA, Zhao H, Chandakkar P, Adrien L, Strohl JJ, Gibson EL, Ohmoto M, Matsumoto I, Huerta PT, Marambaud P. (2016), 'CALHM1 deficiency impairs cerebral neuron activity and memory flexibility in mice..' Sci Rep.. 10.1038/srep24250.
- Moraga-Amaro R, González H, Ugalde V, Donoso-Ramos JP, Quintana-Donoso D, Lara M, Morales B, Rojas P, Pacheco R, Stehberg J. (2016), 'Dopamine receptor D5 deficiency results in a selective reduction of hippocampal NMDA receptor subunit NR2B expression and impaired memory..' Neuropharmacology.. 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2015.12.018.
- Maraschi A, Ciammola A, Folci A, Sassone F, Ronzitti G, Cappelletti G, Silani V, Sato S, Hattori N, Mazzanti M, Chieregatti E, Mulle C, Passafaro M, Sassone J. (2014), 'Parkin regulates kainate receptors by interacting with the GluK2 subunit..' Nat Commun.. 10.1038/ncomms6182.
- Lee NJ, Song JM, Cho HJ, Sung YM, Lee T, Chung A, Hong SH, Cifelli JL, Rubinshtein M, Habib LK, Capule CC, Turner RS, Pak DT, Yang J, Hoe HS. (2016), 'Hexa (ethylene glycol) derivative of benzothiazole aniline promotes dendritic spine formation through the RasGRF1-Ras dependent pathway..' Biochim Biophys Acta.. 10.1016/j.bbadis.2015.12.007.
- Lv JM, Guo XM, Chen B, Lei Q, Pan YJ, Yang Q. (2016), 'The Noncompetitive AMPAR Antagonist Perampanel Abrogates Brain Endothelial Cell Permeability in Response to Ischemia: Involvement of Claudin-5..' Cell Mol Neurobiol.. 10.1007/s10571-015-0257-8.
- Fourie C, Kim E, Waldvogel H, Wong JM, McGregor A, Faull RL, Montgomery JM. (2014), 'Differential Changes in Postsynaptic Density Proteins in Postmortem Huntington's Disease and Parkinson's Disease Human Brains..' J Neurodegener Dis.. 10.1155/2014/938530.
- Balsara R, Dang A, Donahue DL, Snow T, Castellino FJ. (2015), 'Conantokin-G attenuates detrimental effects of NMDAR hyperactivity in an ischemic rat model of stroke..' PLoS One.. 10.1371/journal.pone.0122840.
- DiBattista AM, Dumanis SB, Song JM, Bu G, Weeber E, Rebeck GW, Hoe HS. (2015), 'Very low density lipoprotein receptor regulates dendritic spine formation in a RasGRF1/CaMKII dependent manner..' Biochim Biophys Acta.. 10.1016/j.bbamcr.2015.01.015.
- D'Orsi B, Kilbride SM, Chen G, Perez Alvarez S, Bonner HP, Pfeiffer S, Plesnila N, Engel T, Henshall DC, Düssmann H, Prehn JH. (2015), 'Bax regulates neuronal Ca2+ homeostasis..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2453-14.2015.
- Hanson JE, Pare JF, Deng L, Smith Y, Zhou Q. (2015), 'Altered GluN2B NMDA receptor function and synaptic plasticity during early pathology in the PS2APP mouse model of Alzheimer's disease..' Neurobiol Dis.. 10.1016/j.nbd.2014.11.017.
- Warmus BA, Sekar DR, McCutchen E, Schellenberg GD, Roberts RC, McMahon LL, Roberson ED. (2014), 'Tau-mediated NMDA receptor impairment underlies dysfunction of a selectively vulnerable network in a mouse model of frontotemporal dementia..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3418-14.2014.
- Gomez AM, Froemke RC, Burden SJ. (2014), 'Synaptic plasticity and cognitive function are disrupted in the absence of Lrp4..' Elife.. 10.7554/eLife.04287.
- de Andrade GB, Kunzelman L, Merrill MM, Fuerst PG. (2014), 'Developmentally dynamic colocalization patterns of DSCAM with adhesion and synaptic proteins in the mouse retina..' Mol Vis.. .
- Carney KE, Milanese M, van Nierop P, Li KW, Oliet SH, Smit AB, Bonanno G, Verheijen MH. (2014), 'Proteomic analysis of gliosomes from mouse brain: identification and investigation of glial membrane proteins..' J Proteome Res.. 10.1021/pr500829z.
- Yan Y, Eipper BA, Mains RE. (2015), 'Kalirin-9 and Kalirin-12 Play Essential Roles in Dendritic Outgrowth and Branching..' Cereb Cortex.. 10.1093/cercor/bhu182.
- Gunn BG, Cunningham L, Cooper MA, Corteen NL, Seifi M, Swinny JD, Lambert JJ, Belelli D. (2013), 'Dysfunctional astrocytic and synaptic regulation of hypothalamic glutamatergic transmission in a mouse model of early-life adversity: relevance to neurosteroids and programming of the stress response..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1337-13.2013.
- Luo P, Yang Y, Liu W, Rao W, Bian H, Li X, Chen T, Liu M, Zhao Y, Dai S, Yan X, Fei Z. (2013), 'Downregulation of postsynaptic density-95-interacting regulator of spine morphogenesis reduces glutamate-induced excitotoxicity by differentially regulating glutamate receptors in rat cortical neurons..' FEBS J.. 10.1111/febs.12531.
- Deng Y, Xiong Z, Chen P, Wei J, Chen S, Yan Z. (2014), 'β-amyloid impairs the regulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors by glycogen synthase kinase 3..' Neurobiol Aging.. 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2013.08.031.
- Duffney LJ, Wei J, Cheng J, Liu W, Smith KR, Kittler JT, Yan Z. (2013), 'Shank3 deficiency induces NMDA receptor hypofunction via an actin-dependent mechanism..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1175-13.2013.
- Wang X, Lippi G, Carlson DM, Berg DK. (2013), 'Activation of α7-containing nicotinic receptors on astrocytes triggers AMPA receptor recruitment to glutamatergic synapses.' J Neurochem.. 10.1111/jnc.12436.
- Sohn YI, Lee NJ, Chung A, Saavedra JM, Scott Turner R, Pak DT, Hoe HS. (2013), 'Antihypertensive drug Valsartan promotes dendritic spine density by altering AMPA receptor trafficking..' Biochem Biophys Res Commun.. 10.1016/j.bbrc.2013.08.091.
- Cheng J, Liu W, Duffney LJ, Yan Z. (2013), 'SNARE proteins are essential in the potentiation of NMDA receptors by group II metabotropic glutamate receptors..' J Physiol.. 10.1113/jphysiol.2013.255075.
- Megill A, Lee T, DiBattista AM, Song JM, Spitzer MH, Rubinshtein M, Habib LK, Capule CC, Mayer M, Turner RS, Kirkwood A, Yang J, Pak DT, Lee HK, Hoe HS. (2013), 'A tetra(ethylene glycol) derivative of benzothiazole aniline enhances Ras-mediated spinogenesis..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1615-12.2013.
- Murata Y, Constantine-Paton M. (2013), 'Postsynaptic density scaffold SAP102 regulates cortical synapse development through EphB and PAK signaling pathway..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2896-12.2013.
- DeParis S, Caprara C, Grimm C. (2012), 'Intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells are resistant to N-methyl-D-aspartic acid excitotoxicity..' Mol Vis.. .