Volume: Purified: 100 µL; Purified Trial: 20 µL; TC Supernatant: 5 mL
Concentration: Purified: 1 mg/mL; TC Supernatant: Lot Specific
Form: Purified and TC Supernatant Available (select your preferred form, size and quantity before clicking "Add to Cart")
Host Species: Mouse
Immunogen: Fusion protein amino acids 1751-1946 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of human Nav1.7 (also known as sodium channel protein type 9 subunit alpha, neuroendocrine sodium channel, hNE-Na and peripheral sodium channel 1, accession number Q15858)
Mouse: 96% identity (190/196 amino acids identical)
Rat: 95% identity (186/196 amino acids identical)
Shares 66-84% identity with other Nav channels
Target Description: Nav1.7 subunit alpha, or SCN9A, is a member of the voltage gated sodium channel family. It is expressed at the terminal ends of sensory neurons in the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and in trigeminal and sympathetic ganglion neurons. A major function of Nav1.7 is the generation and conduction of action potentials in nociceptors, or “pain receptors” and thus involved in pain sensation. Changes in Nav1.7 expression have been linked to primary erythermalgia, primary erythermalgia, and Congenital insensitivity to pain
Gene ID: SCN9A NENA
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2184355
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: 230 kDa
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Laedermann CJ, Syam N, Pertin M, Decosterd I, Abriel H. (2013), 'β1- and β3- voltage-gated sodium channel subunits modulate cell surface expression and glycosylation of Nav1.7 in HEK293 cells..' Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10.3389/fncel.2013.00137.
- Lu VB, Ikeda SR, Puhl HL rd. (2015), 'A 3.7 kb fragment of the mouse Scn10a gene promoter directs neural crest but not placodal lineage EGFP expression in a transgenic animal..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0214-15.2015.
- Vandael DH, Ottaviani MM, Legros C, Lefort C, Guérineau NC, Allio A, Carabelli V, Carbone E. (), 'Reduced availability of voltage-gated sodium channels by depolarization or blockade by tetrodotoxin boosts burst firing and catecholamine release in mouse chromaffin cells..' The Journal of Physiology. 10.1113/jphysiol.2014.283374.
- Campbell TM, Main MJ, Fitzgerald EM. (2013), 'Functional expression of the voltage-gated Na⁺-channel Nav1.7 is necessary for EGF-mediated invasion in human non-small cell lung cancer cells..' Journal of Cell Science. 10.1242/jcs.130013.
- Dustrude ET, Wilson SM, Ju W, Xiao Y, Khanna R. (), 'CRMP2 protein SUMOylation modulates NaV1.7 channel trafficking..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M113.474924.
- Liang L, Fan L, Tao B, Yaster M, Tao YX. (), 'Protein kinase B/Akt is required for complete Freund's adjuvant-induced upregulation of Nav1.7 and Nav1.8 in primary sensory neurons..' The Journal of Pain. 10.1016/j.jpain.2013.01.778.
- Melemedjian OK, Khoutorsky A, Sorge RE, Yan J, Asiedu MN, Valdez A, Ghosh S, Dussor G, Mogil JS, Sonenberg N, Price TJ. (), 'mTORC1 inhibition induces pain via IRS-1-dependent feedback activation of ERK..' Pain. 10.1016/j.pain.2013.03.021.
- Eom T, Zhang C, Wang H, Lay K, Fak J, Noebels JL, Darnell RB. (), 'NOVA-dependent regulation of cryptic NMD exons controls synaptic protein levels after seizure..' Elife. 10.7554/eLife.00178.
- Liu J, Tu H, Zhang D, Zheng H, Li YL. (), 'Voltage-gated sodium channel expression and action potential generation in differentiated NG108-15 cells..' BMC Neuroscience. 10.1186/1471-2202-13-129.
- Cachemaille M, Laedermann CJ, Pertin M, Abriel H, Gosselin RD, Decosterd I. (2012), 'Neuronal expression of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 in rat dorsal root ganglia: modulation in the spared nerve injury model of neuropathic pain..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.09.044.
- Ho C, Zhao J, Malinowski S, Chahine M, O'Leary ME. (), 'Differential expression of sodium channel β subunits in dorsal root ganglion sensory neurons..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M111.333740.
- Yan J, Melemedjian OK, Price TJ, Dussor G. (), 'Sensitization of dural afferents underlies migraine-related behavior following meningeal application of interleukin-6 (IL-6)..' Molecular Pain. 10.1186/1744-8069-8-6.
- Tappe-Theodor A, Constantin CE, Tegeder I, Lechner SG, Langeslag M, Lepcynzsky P, Wirotanseng RI, Kurejova M, Agarwal N, Nagy G, Todd A, Wettschureck N, Offermanns S, Kress M, Lewin GR, Kuner R (), 'Gα(q/11) signaling tonically modulates nociceptor function and contributes to activity-dependent sensitization..' Pain. 10.1016/j.pain.2011.10.014.
- Chattopadhyay M, Mata M, Fink DJ. (2011), 'Vector-mediated release of GABA attenuates pain-related behaviors and reduces Na(V)1.7 in DRG neurons..' European Journal of Pain. 10.1016/j.ejpain.2011.03.007.
- Cox JJ, Sheynin J, Shorer Z, Reimann F, Nicholas AK, Zubovic L, Baralle M, Wraige E, Manor E, Levy J, Woods CG, Parvari R. (2010), 'Congenital insensitivity to pain: novel SCN9A missense and in-frame deletion mutations..' Human Mutation. 10.1002/humu.21325.
- Ernst SJ, Aguilar-Bryan L, Noebels JL. (2009), 'Sodium channel beta1 regulatory subunit deficiency reduces pancreatic islet glucose-stimulated insulin and glucagon secretion..' Endocrinology. 10.1210/en.2008-0991.