Immunoblot against crude membranes from whole mouse (MBM) or rat (RBM) brain and from human hippocampus [HBM(H)], cerebral cortex [HBM(Cx)] or cerebellum [HBM(Cb)] probed with N133/21 (left) or N52A/42 (right) TC supe.
Volume: Purified: 100 µL; Purified Trial: 20 µL; TC Supernatant: 5 mL
Concentration: Purified: 1 mg/mL; TC Supernatant: Lot Specific
Form: Purified and TC Supernatant Available (select your preferred form, size and quantity before clicking "Add to Cart")
Host Species: Mouse
Immunogen: Fusion protein amino acids 1-544 (full-length) of rat RGS14 (also known as Regulator of G-protein signaling 14, RAP1/RAP2-interacting protein and RPIP1, accession number O08773)
Mouse: 95% identity (524/547 amino acids identical)
Human: 86% identity (475/547 amino acids identical)
45% identity with RGS12 and other RGS proteins
Epitope mapped to within amino acids 444-490 (between 2nd Ras-binding
GoLoco domains, PDAKTREASSIPPCRSQGCLPRTQTKDSHLPPLSSSLSVEDASGSTG, 2014 Evans et al J Comp Neurol)
Mouse: 85% identity (40/47 amino acids identical)
Human: 51% identity (24/47 amino acids identical)
Target Description: RGS14 is a member of the RGS family (regulator of G-protein signaling) and is highly expressed in the prefrontal cortex. Hallmark domains of RGS14 include a RGS domain, two Raf-like Ras-binding domains and a GoLoco motif. RGS14 inactivates G protein α subunits. Alterations in this protein have been implicated in Schizophrenia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Gene ID: Rgs14
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2179931
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: 60 kDa
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Leroy F, Brann DH, Meira T, Siegelbaum SA. (2017), 'Input-Timing-Dependent Plasticity in the Hippocampal CA2 Region and Its Potential Role in Social Memory..' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2017.07.036.
- Alexander GM, Farris S, Pirone JR, Zheng C, Colgin LL, Dudek SM. (2016), 'Social and novel contexts modify hippocampal CA2 representations of space..' Nature Communications. 10.1038/ncomms10300.
- Llorens-Martín M, Jurado-Arjona J, Avila J, Hernández F. (2015), 'Novel connection between newborn granule neurons and the hippocampal CA2 field..' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2014.10.021.
- Hitti FL, Siegelbaum SA. (2014), 'The hippocampal CA2 region is essential for social memory..' Nature. 10.1038/nature13028.
- Kohara K, Pignatelli M, Rivest AJ, Jung HY, Kitamura T, Suh J, Frank D, Kajikawa K, Mise N, Obata Y, Wickersham IR, Tonegawa S. (2014), 'Cell type-specific genetic and optogenetic tools reveal hippocampal CA2 circuits..' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3614.
- Piskorowski RA, Chevaleyre V. (2014), 'Delta-opioid receptors mediate unique plasticity onto parvalbumin-expressing interneurons in area CA2 of the hippocampus..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0649-13.2013.
- Evans PR, Lee SE, Smith Y, Hepler JR. (2013), 'Postnatal developmental expression of regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) in the mouse brain..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23395.
- Vellano CP, Brown NE, Blumer JB, Hepler JR. (2013), 'Assembly and function of the regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14)·H-Ras signaling complex in live cells are regulated by Gαi1 and Gαi-linked G protein-coupled receptors..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M112.440057.
- Vellano CP, Shu FJ, Ramineni S, Yates CK, Tall GG, Hepler JR. (2011), 'Activation of the regulator of G protein signaling 14-Gαi1-GDP signaling complex is regulated by resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase-8A..' Biochemistry. 10.1021/bi101910n.
- Lee SE, Simons SB, Heldt SA, Zhao M, Schroeder JP, Vellano CP, Cowan DP, Ramineni S, Yates CK, Feng Y, Smith Y, Sweatt JD, Weinshenker D, Ressler KJ, Dudek SM, Hepler JR. (2010), 'RGS14 is a natural suppressor of both synaptic plasticity in CA2 neurons and hippocampal-based learning and memory..' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1005362107.