Volume: Purified: 100 µL; Purified Trial: 20 µL; TC Supernatant: 5 mL
Concentration: Purified: 1 mg/mL; TC Supernatant: Lot Specific
Form: Purified and TC Supernatant Available (select your preferred form, size and quantity before clicking "Add to Cart")
Host Species: Mouse
Immunogen: Fusion protein amino acids 1-216 (full length) of rat KChIP1b (accession number Q8R426)
Human: 99.5% identity (215/216 amino acids)
Mouse=100% identity (216/216 amino acids)
Target Description: Kv channel-interacting protein 1, Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Interacting Protein 1 or Kchip1 is a member of the family of voltage-gated potassium (Kv) channel-interacting proteins (KCNIPs), which belongs to the recoverin or neuronal calcium sensor (NCS) family branch of the EF-hand superfamily. Kchip1 associates with Kv4 alpha subunits to form native Kv4 channel complexes. Kchip1 is expressed in the brain and detected in the hippocampus and the dentate gyrus . Diseases associated with KCNIP1 include diastolic hypertension, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder.
Gene ID: Kcnip1 Kchip1
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_10673162
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: None Reported
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Cheng CF, Wang WC, Huang CY, Du PH, Yang JH, Tsaur ML. (2016), 'Coexpression of auxiliary subunits KChIP and DPPL in potassium channel Kv4-positive nociceptors and pain-modulating spinal interneurons..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23876.
- Puighermanal E, Biever A, Espallergues J, Gangarossa G, De Bundel D, Valjent E. (2015), 'drd2-cre:ribotag mouse line unravels the possible diversity of dopamine d2 receptor-expressing cells of the dorsal mouse hippocampus..' Hippocampus. 10.1002/hipo.22408.
- Rainnie DG, Hazra R, Dabrowska J, Guo JD, Li CC, Dewitt S, Muly EC. (2014), 'Distribution and functional expression of Kv4 family α subunits and associated KChIP β subunits in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23435.
- Anderson D, Engbers JD, Heath NC, Bartoletti TM, Mehaffey WH, Zamponi GW, Turner RW. (2013), 'The Cav3-Kv4 complex acts as a calcium sensor to maintain inhibitory charge transfer during extracellular calcium fluctuations..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5384-12.2013.
- White NS, Leergaard TB, D'Arceuil H, Bjaalie JG, Dale AM. (2013), 'Probing tissue microstructure with restriction spectrum imaging: Histological and theoretical validation..' Human Brain Mapping. 10.1002/hbm.21454.
- Manning CF, Bundros AM, Trimmer JS. (2012), 'Benefits and pitfalls of secondary antibodies: why choosing the right secondary is of primary importance..' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0038313.
- Pruunsild P, Timmusk T. (2012), 'Subcellular localization and transcription regulatory potency of KCNIP/Calsenilin/DREAM/KChIP proteins in cultured primary cortical neurons do not provide support for their role in CRE-dependent gene expression..' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2012.07796.x.
- Sun W, Maffie JK, Lin L, Petralia RS, Rudy B, Hoffman DA. (2011), 'DPP6 establishes the A-type K(+) current gradient critical for the regulation of dendritic excitability in CA1 hippocampal neurons..' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2011.08.008.
- Bourdeau ML, Laplante I, Laurent CE, Lacaille JC. (2011), 'KChIP1 modulation of Kv4.3-mediated A-type K(+) currents and repetitive firing in hippocampal interneurons..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2010.11.051.
- Day-Brown JD, Wei H, Chomsung RD, Petry HM, Bickford ME. (2010), 'Pulvinar projections to the striatum and amygdala in the tree shrew..' Frontiers in Neuroanatomy. 10.3389/fnana.2010.00143.
- Dabrowska J, Rainnie DG. (2010), 'Expression and distribution of Kv4 potassium channel subunits and potassium channel interacting proteins in subpopulations of interneurons in the basolateral amygdala..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2010.09.011.
- Anderson D, Mehaffey WH, Iftinca M, Rehak R, Engbers JD, Hameed S, Zamponi GW, Turner RW. (2010), 'Regulation of neuronal activity by Cav3-Kv4 channel signaling complexes..' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.2493.
- Lin L, Sun W, Wikenheiser AM, Kung F, Hoffman DA. (2010), 'KChIP4a regulates Kv4.2 channel trafficking through PKA phosphorylation..' Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.mcn.2009.12.005.
- Mikula S, Parrish SK, Trimmer JS, Jones EG. (2010), 'Complete 3D visualization of primate striosomes by KChIP1 immunostaining..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.22051.
- Alexander JC, McDermott CM, Tunur T, Rands V, Stelly C, Karhson D, Bowlby MR, An WF, Sweatt JD, Schrader LA. (2009), 'The role of calsenilin/DREAM/KChIP3 in contextual fear conditioning..' Learning & Memory. 10.1101/lm.1261709.
- Monaghan MM, Menegola M, Vacher H, Rhodes KJ, Trimmer JS. (2008), 'Altered expression and localization of hippocampal A-type potassium channel subunits in the pilocarpine-induced model of temporal lobe epilepsy..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2008.07.057.
- Menegola M, Misonou H, Vacher H, Trimmer JS. (2008), 'Dendritic A-type potassium channel subunit expression in CA1 hippocampal interneurons..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2008.04.022.
- Schwenk J, Zolles G, Kandias NG, Neubauer I, Kalbacher H, Covarrubias M, Fakler B, Bentrop D. (2008), 'NMR analysis of KChIP4a reveals structural basis for control of surface expression of Kv4 channel complexes..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M800976200.
- Menegola M, Trimmer JS. (2006), 'Unanticipated region- and cell-specific downregulation of individual KChIP auxiliary subunit isotypes in Kv4.2 knock-out mouse brain..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2783-06.2006.
- Kollo M, Holderith NB, Nusser Z. (2006), 'Novel subcellular distribution pattern of A-type K+ channels on neuronal surface.' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5257-05.2006.