Our beta-galactosidase antibody recognizes the LacZ gene product with high titre and high specificity. Since this antibody was generated in chickens, it can be used together with your existing rabbit and mouse primary antibodies for double immunostaining with no secondary antibody cross reactivity. It even works well with fusion proteins of LacZ!
Volume: 100 µL (BGL-1010) or 400 µL (BGL-1040)
Concentration: 10 mg/mL
Form: Mixture of IgY fraction and affinity-purified antibodies
Host Species: Chicken
Applications: ICC, IHC, WB
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2313508
Physical State: Liquid
Production Notes: Chickens were immunized with purified ß-Galactosidase (lacZ) protein emulsified in Freund’s adjuvants. After multiple injections, eggs were collected from the hens, IgY fractions were prepared from the yolks, and then affinity-purified antibodies were prepared using ß-Galactosidase conjugated to an agarose matrix. The final product is a mixture of both affinity-purified antibodies (25 µg/mL) and purified IgY (10 mg/mL), and is filter-sterilized.
Validation and Application Notes
Western Blot Dilution Range: 1:5000-1:10000
IHC Dilution Range: 1:2500-1:5000
This antibody preparation was analyzed by immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:5000) using tissues infected with a virus bearing the LacZ gene. Secondary antibodies were fluorescein-labeled affinity-purified goat anti-chicken IgY (1:2000 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005).
Store at -20°C in the dark. Under these conditions, the antibodies should have a shelf life of at least 12 months (provided they remain sterile). Do not freeze these antibodies at -80°C unless you want to store them for longer periods of time. Note, however, that each time an antibody preparation is frozen, about half its binding activity is lost.
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Cameron EG, Robinson PR (2014), 'ß-Arrestin-Dependent Deactivation of Mouse Melanopsin.' PLOS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0113138.
- Wright MC, Reed-Geaghan EG, Bolock AM, Fujiyama T, Hoshino M, Maricich SM (2015), 'Unipotent, Atoh1+ progenitors maintain the Merkel cell population in embryonic and adult mice.' Journal of Cell Biology. 10.1083/jcb.201407101.
- Redmond SA, Mei F, Eshed-Eisenbach Y, Osso LA, Leshkowitz D, Shen YA, Kay JN, Aurrand-Lions M, Lyons DA, Peles E, Chan JR (2016), 'Somatodendritic Expression of JAM2 Inhibits Oligodendrocyte Myelination.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2016.07.021.
- Zhu XN, Liu XD, Zhuang H, Henkemeyer M, Yang JY, Xu NJ (2016), 'Amygdala EphB2 Signaling Regulates Glutamatergic Neuron Maturation and Innate Fear.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0845-16.2016.
- Fleming MS, Li JJ, Ramos D, Li T, Talmage DA, Abe SI, Arber S, Luo W (2016), 'A RET-ER81-NRG1 Signaling Pathway Drives the Development of Pacinian Corpuscles.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2160-16.2016.
- Kechele DO, Blue RE, Zwarycz B, Espenschied ST, Mah AT, Siegel MB, Perou CM, Ding S, Magness ST, Lund PK, Caron KM (2017), 'Orphan Gpr182 suppresses ERK-mediated intestinal proliferation during regeneration and adenoma formation.' The Journal of Clinical Investigation. 10.1172/JCI87588.
- Miesfeld JB, Glaser T, Brown NL (2017), 'The dynamics of native Atoh7 protein expression during mouse retinal histogenesis, revealed with a new antibody.' Gene Expression Patterns. 10.1016/j.gep.2017.11.006.
- Celona B, Dollen JV, Vatsavayai SC, Kashima R, Johnson JR, Tang AA, Hata A, Miller BL, Huang EJ, Krogan NJ, Seeley WW, Black BL (2017), 'Suppression of C9orf72 RNA repeat-induced neurotoxicity by the ALS-associated RNA-binding protein Zfp106.' eLife. 10.7554/eLife.19032.
- Grosso A, Santoni G, Manassero E, Renna A, Sacchetti B (2018), 'A neuronal basis for fear discrimination in the lateral amygdala.' Natrue Communications. 10.1038/s41467-018-03682-2.
- Kragness S, Harrison MAA, Westmoreland JJ, Burstain A, Earls LR (2018), 'Age-dependent expression pattern in the mammalian brain of a novel, small peptide encoded in the 22q11.2 deletion syndrome region.' Gene Expression Patterns. 10.1016/j.gep.2018.03.004.
- Chadwick ML, Lane A, Thomas D, Smith AR, White AR, Davidson D, Feng Y, Boscolo E, Zheng Y, Adams DM, Gupta A, Veillette A, Chow LML (2018), 'Combined mTOR and MEK inhibition is an effective therapy in a novel mouse model for angiosarcoma.' Oncotarget. 10.18632/oncotarget.25345.
- Garrett AM, Khalil A, Walton DO, Burgess RW (2018), 'DSCAM promotes self-avoidance in the developing mouse retina by masking the functions of cadherin superfamily members.' PNAS. 10.1073/pnas.1809430115.
- Estep JA, Wong W, Wong YE, Loui BM, Riccomagno MM (2018), 'The RacGAP ß-Chimaerin is essential for cerebellar granule cell migration.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-017-19116-w.
- Dong Sun, Xiang-Dong Sun, Lu Zhao, Dae-Hoon Lee, Jin-Xia Hu, Fu-Lei Tang, Jin-Xiu Pan, Lin Mei, Xiao-Juan Zhu, Wen-Cheng Xiong (2018), 'Neogenin, a regulator of adult hippocampal neurogenesis, prevents depressive-like behavior.' Cell Death & Disease. 10.1038/s41419-017-0019-2.