Immunofluorescence staining of 14 DIV cultured rat cortical neuron with N355/1. Image courtesy of Brad Elmer and Kim McAllister (UCD).
Volume: Purified: 100 µL; Purified Trial: 20 µL; TC Supernatant: 5 mL
Concentration: Purified: 1 mg/mL; TC Supernatant: Lot Specific
Form: Purified and TC Supernatant Available (select your preferred form, size and quantity before clicking "Add to Cart")
Host Species: Mouse
Immunogen: Fusion protein amino acids 1-389 (extracellular N-terminus) of rat GluA1/GluR1 (also known as Glutamate receptor 1, Ionotropic AMPA-selective glutamate receptor 1, GluR-A, GluR-K1, GLUH1 and Gria1, accession number P19490) Mouse: 99% identity (388/389 amino acids identical) Human: 97% identity (379/389 amino acids identical) 100% identity between Flip and Flop isoforms >50% identity with GluA2/GluR2, GluA3/GluR3 and GluA4/GluR4
Target Description: Glutamate receptor 1 or GluA1/GluR1 glutamate receptor is a member of the glutamate-gated ion channel family. GluR1 funcitons as an excitatory neurotransmitter at many synapses in the central nervous system and is widely expressed in brain. Mutations in the GluR1 gene are associated with cerebral cortical dysplasia, Status Epilepticus, and depression.
Gene ID: Gria1 Glur1
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2315840
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: 100 kDa
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Loh KH, Stawski PS, Draycott AS, Udeshi ND, Lehrman EK, Wilton DK, Svinkina T, Deerinck TJ, Ellisman MH, Stevens B, Carr SA, Ting AY. (2016), 'Proteomic Analysis of Unbounded Cellular Compartments: Synaptic Clefts..' Cell.. 10.1016/j.cell.2016.07.041.
- Vingtdeux V, Chang EH, Frattini SA, Zhao H, Chandakkar P, Adrien L, Strohl JJ, Gibson EL, Ohmoto M, Matsumoto I, Huerta PT, Marambaud P. (2016), 'CALHM1 deficiency impairs cerebral neuron activity and memory flexibility in mice..' Sci Rep.. 10.1038/srep24250.
- Moraga-Amaro R, González H, Ugalde V, Donoso-Ramos JP, Quintana-Donoso D, Lara M, Morales B, Rojas P, Pacheco R, Stehberg J. (2016), 'Dopamine receptor D5 deficiency results in a selective reduction of hippocampal NMDA receptor subunit NR2B expression and impaired memory..' Neuropharmacology.. 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2015.12.018.
- Bellizzi MJ, Geathers JS, Allan KC, Gelbard HA. (2016), 'Platelet-Activating Factor Receptors Mediate Excitatory Postsynaptic Hippocampal Injury in Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis..' J Neurosci.. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1171-15.2016.
- Lv JM, Guo XM, Chen B, Lei Q, Pan YJ, Yang Q. (2016), 'The Noncompetitive AMPAR Antagonist Perampanel Abrogates Brain Endothelial Cell Permeability in Response to Ischemia: Involvement of Claudin-5..' Cell Mol Neurobiol.. 10.1007/s10571-015-0257-8.
- Tempia F, Hoxha E, Negro G, Alshammari MA, Alshammari TK, Panova-Elektronova N, Laezza F. (2015), 'Parallel fiber to Purkinje cell synaptic impairment in a mouse model of spinocerebellar ataxia type 27..' Front Cell Neurosci.. 10.3389/fncel.2015.00205.
- Varea O, Martin-de-Saavedra MD, Kopeikina KJ, Schürmann B, Fleming HJ, Fawcett-Patel JM, Bach A, Jang S, Peles E, Kim E, Penzes P. (2015), 'Synaptic abnormalities and cytoplasmic glutamate receptor aggregates in contactin associated protein-like 2/Caspr2 knockout neurons..' Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.. 10.1073/pnas.1423205112.
- Cristino L, Luongo L, Squillace M, Paolone G, Mango D, Piccinin S, Zianni E, Imperatore R, Iannotta M, Longo F, Errico F, Vescovi AL, Morari M, Maione S, Gardoni F, Nisticò R, Usiello A. (2015), 'd-Aspartate oxidase influences glutamatergic system homeostasis in mammalian brain..' Neurobiol Aging.. 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2015.02.003.
- de Andrade GB, Kunzelman L, Merrill MM, Fuerst PG. (2014), 'Developmentally dynamic colocalization patterns of DSCAM with adhesion and synaptic proteins in the mouse retina..' Mol Vis.. .
- Parkhurst CN, Yang G, Ninan I, Savas JN, Yates JR rd, Lafaille JJ, Hempstead BL, Littman DR, Gan WB. (2013), 'Microglia promote learning-dependent synapse formation through brain-derived neurotrophic factor..' Cell.. 10.1016/j.cell.2013.11.030.
- Luo P, Yang Y, Liu W, Rao W, Bian H, Li X, Chen T, Liu M, Zhao Y, Dai S, Yan X, Fei Z. (2013), 'Downregulation of postsynaptic density-95-interacting regulator of spine morphogenesis reduces glutamate-induced excitotoxicity by differentially regulating glutamate receptors in rat cortical neurons..' FEBS J.. 10.1111/febs.12531.