Chickens were immunized with NF-H protein purified from adult bovine brains. After repeated injections into the hens, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. Antibodies were diluted in the buffer described above, and then filter-sterilized.
Volume: 200 µL
Concentration: 1 mg/mL
Host Species: Chicken
Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat
Applications: ICC, IHC, WB
Protein Name / Synonyms: Neurofilament heavy polypeptide (NF-H) (200 kDa neurofilament protein) (Neurofilament triplet H protein)
Gene ID: NEFH KIAA0845 NFH
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2313552
Physical State: Liquid
Validation and Application Notes
Expected Banding Pattern: 200-220 kDa
Western Blot Dilution Range: 1:2000-1:5000
IHC Dilution Range: 1:2000-1:5000
Quality assurance analysis was performed using immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:50000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Store at 4°C in the dark. Under these conditions, the antibodies should have a shelf life of at least 12 months (provided they remain sterile). Do not freeze these antibodies unless you want to store them for longer periods of time. Note, however, that each time an antibody preparation is frozen, about half of its binding activity is lost.
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Yamada H, Ito D, Oki Y, Kitagawa M, Matsumoto T, Watari T, Kano K (2014), 'Transplantation of mature adipocyte-derived dedifferentiated fat cells promotes locomotor functional recovery by remyelination and glial scar reduction after spinal cord injury in mice.' Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 10.1016/j.bbrc.2014.10.082.
- Sajgo S, Ali S, Popescu O, Badea TC (2015), 'Dynamic expression of transcription factor Brn3b during mouse cranial nerve development.' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23890.
- Zhang B, Bailey WM, McVicar AL, Gensel JC (2016), 'Age increases reactive oxygen species production in macrophages and potentiates oxidative damage after spinal cord injury.' Neurobiology of Aging. 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2016.07.029.
- Fleming MS, Li JJ, Ramos D, Li T, Talmage DA, Abe SI, Arber S, Luo W (2016), 'A RET-ER81-NRG1 Signaling Pathway Drives the Development of Pacinian Corpuscles.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2160-16.2016.
- Geary MB, Li H, Zingman A, Ketz J, Zuscik M, De Mesy Bentley KL, Noble M, Elfar JC (2016), 'Erythropoietin accelerates functional recovery after moderate sciatic nerve crush injury.' Muscle & Nerve. 10.1002/mus.25459.
- Nonomura K, Woo SH, Chang RB, Gillich A, Qiu Z, Francisco AG, Ranade SS, Liberles SD, Patapoutian A (2016), 'Piezo2 senses airway stretch and mediates lung inflation-induced apnoea.' Nature. 10.1038/nature20793.
- Ghitani N, Barik A, Szczot M, Thompson JH, Li C, Le Pichon CE, Krashes MJ, Chesler AT (2017), 'Specialized Mechanosensory Nociceptors Mediating Rapid Responses to Hair Pull.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2017.07.024.
- Shih Y, Ly PTT, Wang J, Pallen CJ (2017), 'Glial and Neuronal Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Alpha (PTPa) Regulate Oligodendrocyte Differentiation and Myelination.' Journal Molecular Neuroscience. 10.1007/s12031-017-0941-x.
- François A, Low SA, Sypek EI, Christensen AJ, Sotoudeh C, Beier KT, Ramakrishnan C, Ritola KD, Sharif-Naeini R, Deisseroth K, Delp SL, Malenka RC, Luo L, Hantman AW, Scherrer G (2017), 'A Brainstem-Spinal Cord Inhibitory Circuit for Mechanical Pain Modulation by GABA and Enkephalins.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2017.01.008.
- Orr MB, Simkin J, Bailey WM, Kadambi NS, McVicar AL, Veldhorst AK, Gensel JC (2017), 'Compression Decreases Anatomical and Functional Recovery and Alters Inflammation after Contusive Spinal Cord Injury.' Journal of Neurotrauma. 10.1089/neu.2016.4915.
- Abraira VE, Kuehn ED, Chirila AM, Springel MW, Toliver AA, Zimmerman AL, Orefice LL, Boyle KA, Bai L, Song BJ, Bashista KA, O'Neill TG, Zhuo J, Tsan C, Hoynoski J, Rutlin M, Kus L, Niederkofler V, Watanabe M, Dymecki SM, Nelson SB, Heintz N, Hughes DI, Ginty DD (2017), 'The Cellular and Synaptic Architecture of the Mechanosensory Dorsal Horn.' Cell. 10.1016/j.cell.2016.12.010.
- Hesp ZC, Yoseph RY, Suzuki R, Jukkola P, Wilson C, Nishiyama A, McTigue DM (2018), 'Proliferating NG2-Cell-Dependent Angiogenesis and Scar Formation Alter Axon Growth and Functional Recovery After Spinal Cord Injury in Mice.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3953-16.2017.
- Harley RJ, Murdy JP, Wang Z, Kelly MC, Ropp TF, Park SH, Maness PF, Manis PB, Coate TM (2018), 'Neuronal Cell Adhesion Molecule (NrCAM) is Expressed by Sensory Cells in the Cochlea and is Necessary for Proper Cochlear Innervation and Sensory Domain Patterning During Development.' Developmental Dynamics. 10.1002/dvdy.24629.
- Zukor K, Wang H, Siddharthan V, Julander JG, Morrey JD (2018), 'Zika virus-induced acute myelitis and motor deficits in adult interferon aß/? receptor knockout mice.' Journal of NeuroVirology. 10.1007/s13365-017-0595-z.
- Morrey JD, Wang H, Hurst BL, Zukor K, Siddharthan V, Van Wettere AJ, Sinex DG, Tarbet EB (2018), 'Causation of Acute Flaccid Paralysis by Myelitis and Myositis in Enterovirus-D68 Infected Mice Deficient in Interferon aß/? Receptor Deficient Mice.' Viruses. 10.3390/v10010033.
- Zhang B, Bailey WM, McVicar AL, Stewart AN, Veldhorst AK, Gensel JC (2018), 'Reducing age-dependent monocyte-derived macrophage activation contributes to the therapeutic efficacy of NADPH oxidase inhibition in spinal cord injury.' Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 10.1016/j.bbi.2018.11.013.
- Colina C, Puhl HL rd, Ikeda SR (2018), 'Selective tracking of FFAR3-expressing neurons supports receptor coupling to N-type calcium channels in mouse sympathetic neurons.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-018-35690-z.
- Lerch JK, Alexander JK, Madalena KM, Motti D, Quach T, Dhamija A, Zha A, Gensel JC, Webster Marketon J, Lemmon VP, Bixby JL, Popovich PG (2018), 'Stress Increases Peripheral Axon Growth and Regeneration through Glucocorticoid Receptor-Dependent Transcriptional Programs.' eNeuro. 10.1523/ENEURO.0246-17.2017.
- Lee SJ, Oses-Prieto JA, Kawaguchi R, Sahoo PK, Kar AN, Rozenbaum M, Oliver D, Chand S, Ji H, Shtutman M, Miller-Randolph S, Taylor RJ, Fainzilber M, Coppola G, Burlingame AL, Twiss JL (2018), 'hnRNPs interacting with mRNA localization motifs define axonal RNA regulons.' Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 10.1074/mcp.RA118.000603.
- Hines TJ, Gao X, Sahu S, Lange MM, Turner JR, Twiss JL, Smith DS (2018), 'An Essential Postdevelopmental Role for Lis1 in Mice.' eNeuro. 10.1523/ENEURO.0350-17.2018.
- MingminZhangYanfengWangJieGengShuqinZhouBailongXiao (2019), 'Mechanically Activated Piezo Channels Mediate Touch and Suppress Acute Mechanical Pain Response in Mice.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2019.01.056.
- Camila M. Freria, Jodie C. E. Hall, Ping Wei, Zhen Guan, Dana M. McTigue, Phillip G. Popovich (2017), 'Deletion of the fractalkine receptor, CX3CR1, improves endogenous repair, axon sprouting and synaptogenesis after spinal cord injury in mice.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2841-16.2017.
- Dustin P. Green, Nathachit Limjunyawong, Naina Gour, Priyanka Pundir, Xinzhong Dong (2019), 'A Mast-Cell-Specific Receptor Mediates Neurogenic Inflammation and Pain.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2019.01.012.
- Kim Kridsada, Jingwen Niu, Zhiping Wang, Parthiv Haldipur, Long Ding, Jian J. Li, Anne G. Lindgren, Eloisa Herrera, Gareth M. Thomas, Victor V. Chizhikov, Kathleen J. Millen,# and Wenqin Luo,# (2018), 'Roof Plate-Derived Dorsal Midline Radial Glial-like Cells Promote Longitudinal Ascending Axon Growth of Rapidly Adapting Mechanoreceptors during Development.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.05.025.
- Goel M, Li T, Badea TC (2019), 'Differential expression and sub-cellular localization of Copines in mouse retina.' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.24684.