Adult mouse DRG was fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, cryostat-sectioned, and then stained for PAP immunoreactivity (1:500 dilution), showing immunoreactive material in primary sensory neurons. Photomicrograph by Dr. Mark Zilka, Univ. of North Carolina.
Adult mouse spinal cord was fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, paraffin-embedded and sectioned, and then sections were stained for PAP immunoreactivity (1:500 dilution). Adjacent sections were co-stained for !B4 and Calcitonin Gene-Related Protein (CGRP) (other sensory neuronal markers). Photomicrograph by Dr. Mark Zilka, University of North Carolina.
Adult mouse spinal cord was fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde, paraffin-embedded and sectioned, and then sections were stained for PAP immunoreactivity (1:500 dilution). Immunoreactivity shown in Rexed Lamina 2 of the dorsal horn gray matter of the spinal cord. Photomicrograph by Dr. Mark Zilka, University of North Carolina.
Volume: 200 µL
Concentration: 10 mg/mL
Host Species: Chicken
Species Reactivity: Human, Mouse, Rat
Applications: IHC, WB
Protein Name / Synonyms: Prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP) (EC 184.108.40.206) (5'-nucleotidase) (5'-NT) (EC 220.127.116.11) (Ecto-5'-nucleotidase) (Thiamine monophosphatase) (TMPase) [Cleaved into: PAPf39]
Gene ID: ACPP
Antibody Registry ID (RRID): AB_2313557
Physical State: Liquid
Production Notes: Chickens were immunized with recombinant mouse Prostatic Acid Phosphatase protein. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected from laying hens, from which IgY antibody were prepared ("anti-PAP IgY fraction"). Some of this antibody was further purified using an agarose matrix to which the PAP protein was covalently attached ("Affinity-purified anti-PAP"). The final preparation in the accompanying vial contains 10 mg/mL of the "anti-PAP IgY fraction" supplemented with 20 µg/mL of the "affinity-purified anti-PAP" plus 50% (v/v) glycerol (to prevent freezing at –20˚C). Finally, this antibody preparation was filter-sterilized (0.45 mm) and 200 ul aliquots prepared.
Validation and Application Notes
Molecular Weight: 45 kDa
Western Blot Dilution Range: 1:1000-1:2000
IHC Dilution Range: 1:500-1:1000
Antibodies were analyzed using immunohistochemistry with tissue sections through a 10%-formalin fixed adult mouse. Sections were examined for PAPpositive dorsal root ganglion sensory neurons. Secondary antibodies (fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY, Aves Cat. #F-1004) were used at a concentration of 1:500.
Store at -20°C in the dark. Under these conditions, the antibodies should have a shelf life of at least 2 years (provided they remain sterile). For longer storage periods, store at -80°C. Note that storage at this lower temperature will destroy some antibody activity due to water crystallization.
Aves Labs products are intended for use as research laboratory reagents. They are not intended for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
- Wu CH, Ho WY, Lee YC, Lin CL, Hsieh YL (2016), 'NGF-trkA signaling modulates the analgesic effects of prostatic acid phosphatase in resiniferatoxin-induced neuropathy.' Molecular Pain. 10.1177/1744806916656846.
- Olson W, Abdus-Saboor I, Cui L, Burdge J, Raabe T, Ma M, Luo W (2017), 'Sparse genetic tracing reveals regionally specific functional organization of mammalian nociceptors.' eLife. 10.7554/eLife.29507.001.
- Kan HW, Chang CH, Lin CL, Lee YC, Hsieh ST, Hsieh YL (2018), 'Downregulation of adenosine and adenosine A1 receptor contributes to neuropathic pain in resiniferatoxin neuropathy.' Pain. 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000001246.
- Nishida K, Nomura Y, Kawamori K, Ohishi A, Nagasawa K (2018), 'ATP metabolizing enzymes ENPP1, 2 and 3 are localized in sensory neurons of rat dorsal root ganglion.' The European Journal of Histochemistry. 10.4081/ejh.2018.2877.
- Chih-Lung Lin,#, Chin-Hong Chang#, Ying-Shuang Chang, Shui-Chin Lu, Yu-Lin Hsieh (2018), 'Treatment with methyl-?-cyclodextrin prevents mechanical allodynia in resiniferatoxin neuropathy in a mouse model.' Biology Open. 10.1242/bio.039511.